Dear Family and Loyal Blog Readers,
I'm sorry but this e-mail might be a little short since the computer that I am using right now seems to take a minute to think every time I complete a sentence or use the backspace button, which is problematic since I am quite mistake prone...
The temperature has dropped significantly over the past few days. Yesterday my companion and I went contacting in the park near our house and I thought that I was going to catch frost bite. I guess that I have not really adjusted to the winter just quite yet. Soon though, negative twenty degrees will seem like nothing. But frostbite aside, it was a good time contacting, and I met man who was probably from Ireland, although I can never really tell anymore.
Unfortunately with the weather dip and the holiday season, it has become increasingly more difficult to get lessons. Well, it is really easy to schedule lessons, it is just really hard to get people to show up for them. The thing is that people here take the winter much more seriously than the Elder's do. We are perfectly fine romping around the streets in extreme negative weather, but we are also somewhat insane. Some of our investigators, being sensible in an inconvenient way, don't want to go walk to our building to meet, or have us come to them. This combination of factors makes late December/early January not really a lot of fun when it comes to finding lessons.
At any rate, Christmas festivities are in the air. The choir sounds great, even though it is terrifying at times. Specifically, it is terrifying when the director acts for the baritones to sing their part (all four of us), furrows his brow and proclaims: "Somebody is not hitting those notes correctly, do it again." I decided to softly sing at this point and more or less lip sing (I never thought that there would be a moment in life when I wanted auto tune). This time the choir director says: "Yeah that sounds great, I don't know what I was hearing last time." But I do.... Dodged a bullet....
Well, our investigators are doing well. We are still trying to get Leonid to come to church so that he can be baptized, and we've been getting a good amount of referrals... From Pakistanis.... All in all the work is moving along and we gear up for Christmas and New Years Eve.
Everybody stay frosty (wow, that was too cheesy, even for me)
As Always,
Elder Zachery E. Brasier
Prepared a Better Way
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment