Monday, April 8, 2013

In Passing...

Dear Family and Loyal Blog Readers,
Unfortunately, I had a lot of administrative tasks to do during my hour of e-mailing, so I won't be able to write you a whole lot of details this week. Here are some highlights in passing.
FALCON MAN- On the metro the other day we saw a man who had a blind folded falcon on his arm walking out of a train. I had to do a double take, but sure enough he was a falcon trainer. As he walked away from the platform and disappeared from sight we heard a loud and piercing falcon cry from the direction he went. The things you see on the metro!
THE FIRST 19 YEAR OLD- This week the mission recieved our first 19 year old sister missionary, and she is serving in our district! That is pretty exciting news and a new step forward for our mission. However, I am weirded out that I am about a year and a half older than a sister missionary. Usually they are much older than me.
VLADIMIR... PROGRESSES?- We are still working with Vladimir, and he is doing pretty well, all though we had some disagreement about the doctrine of the Fall of Adam and Eve. That is always a hard one for people, and so our meeting was less than productive, essentially ending in an agreement to disagree. We did end on a good note though, and Vladimir prayed that Elder Kelly and I would be better able to understand how important our mission is to the Russian people. I was really touched by that, especially coming from somebody who is not yet a member. Vladimir also gave me some old Soviet money. I would say that this was a roller coaster lesson.
IT SNOWS... AGAIN- It snowed again. I am not ok with that. Today the sun is out though. That is a plus.
AUSTIN GETS HIS MISSION CALL- I was extremely excited to hear about Austin's call to the Raleigh North Carolina mission! I'm sure it will be awesome for him and I'm excited that yet another Elder Brasier gets to go do the work in a little part of the Lord's vineyard.
TIMES ARE GOOD- They are. It's true.
As Always,
Elder Zachery E. Brasier

No comments:

Post a Comment