Monday, June 25, 2012

I Wanted To Send Pictures But I Forgot My Camera At My Apartment So You'll Have To Forgive Me For That Oversight

Dear Family and Loyal Blog Readers,
As the title of my e-mail implies, I was planning on just sending a ton of pictures instead writing a huge e-mail this week, but unfortunately I left my camera at my apartment so I find myself somewhat unable to send any pictures. Unless I can somehow figure out some sort of wireless communication technique between my camera and this computer, I guess we'll just have to settle for no picture sending this week. This is an unfortunate turn of events, since I really have very little to report for this week.
A slightly annoying thing happens during the summer here in Russia. At the beginning of the summer all of the students are totally swamped with their exams and their schools. On the other hand, all of the people working and doing other things to contribute to society are spending their time going out to their cottages in the middle of the middle of nowhere near the town of nowhere, Russia. This makes it very hard for them to meet with us. And when I say nearly impossible, I mean that it is completely impossible. But, never fear, in the mean time we are raiding our old area book to find investigators who stopped meeting for some reason. Also we are working a lot more with our inactive members and our members who really need some help in the branch. And when that fails..... We go and hit the streets and hit the doors trying to find those people who have yet to hear of the gospel.
And thus this week has been pretty routine in the fact that we are just contacting a ton, which doesn't really lend well to very exciting e-mails. However, I would like to tell you one story that I thought was rather entertaining when it happened. We have three guys in our branch who are all friends and live together, so we usually go over and teach them once a week.. So two weeks ago we were teaching them about enduring to the end, and chosing righteously throughout our lives. One of the guys, Roman, was getting a little high and mighty and was preaching about something, I can't remember what. Suddenly another, Dima, interrupts and asked us if it is alright to kill someone if we were soldiers in a war. Roman said of course it is wrong, but we explained that it's ok if we go to war in the spirit of defending our families and our liberties and such. Dima really liked that answer but then asked what we should do if a man breaks into our house with a machine gun. He wanted to know if we should act in self defense. Before we could answer Roman said: "No, you can't act in self-defense because you don't know the reason that he is breaking in." Dima responded: "Yes I do, he wants to kill me!". Roman, acting somewhat high and mighty, answered: "Well you would have to talk to him.." Dima, incredulous responds: "WHAT? Talk to him about what!!" Roman explained: "Well you have to discuss with him why he was breaking in, what he wanted, etc. It's important to talk to him before you make any rash actions." Dima, with his eyes literaly buldging out of his head and filled with frustration yells: "TALK TO HIM ABOUT WHAT!!! HE HAS A MACHINE GUN, HE DOESN'T WANT TO TALK TO ME!" That pretty much ended the conversation. I was laughing so hard, but they couldn't tell what I was laughing at. Maybe you won't think it was that funny but I was laughing pretty hard!
So yeah, that is how things are going right now. I am really sorry but I don't really feel in the mood to write a long drawn out letter, since pretty much nothing exciting happened this week. Next week I'll send some pictures!
Sincerely
Elder Zachery Brasier

No comments:

Post a Comment