Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dear Family and Loyal Blog Readers,
I want you to imagine that winter is personified in a grumpy old man, and that grumpy old man has been asleep for a long time because his alarm clock wasn't working. And then suddenly, he woke up on his own and realized that he was late in bringing the winter to Russia, so in order to make up for that he dumped all of the coldness and snow he could on Russia all at once. Yep, that is what happened this week.

Last week was a unseasonably warm week, around 0 degrees Celsius, and then this week started with a brisk -14 degrees Celsius. Finally, on Monday, the snow came, and it hasn't stopped since then. Now Russia is starting to look like what I always imagined it to look like. Snow and gray clouds all the time, which I actually have really been liking quite a bit.

Otherwise though this has been an incredibly unexciting week. The good thing is that we got two new investigators this week, one of which we teach in English because she prefers to talk English and likes meeting with our Senior Missionaries here, who don't speak Russian (Kvasnitsky is actually pretty angry about this, he is really annoyed that we are teaching somebody in English cause he can't understand what is going on.) We also are now meeting with the aunt of one of our branch members, who seems really promising, especially because we have the help of a great family in our branch. And of course we are still teaching our Seven Day Adventist friend Mikhail who is reading the Book of Mormon but still has a huge concern about us worshipping the Sabbath Day on Sunday. I think I have read literally every scripture ever written about that topic by this time.

My new companionship is going decently. Kvasnitsky doesn't speak very much English so I speak mostly Russian now, which is really helping me a lot. Kvasnitsky is also teaching me some very important and consistent lessons in patience... And that is enough about that.

I feel bad right now that I have nothing really exciting to report right now. I have really started to get into the routine of living in Russia which is good and bad. Good because now I know what I am doing most of the time (except for last night when this lady pushed me off a bus so I got stranded at a bus stop while my companion travelled on. We eventually met up and he had some extremely kind words to say to me about the experience, I thought it was hilarious though!). The flip side of this is that because I am in a routine now I feel like I can't think of anything truly exciting to tell all of you!

Well hopefully this coming week will provide some good stories for me to tell you. Stay excellent as always!

Sincerely,

Elder Zachery Brasier

No comments:

Post a Comment