Dear Family and Loyal Blog Readers,
I really don't have a whole lot to write this week since it was pretty much just a standard week at the MTC. Our zone made a big push on the Russian language this week and we have been working so hard, so I have been a little behind on letter writing. Anybody who sent me a letter recently, thanks for the letter and I am trying to get back to you as quick as I possibly can, but its been busy. A side effect of the big Russian push besides headaches has been the fact that my English grammar has been slowly being destroyed and I have almost completely stopped using certain English words and replaced them with Russian equivalents. I wish I could show you some of my Russian, but unfortunately the computer doesn't let me type in Cyrillic so I have to use Latin letters. For instance, writing "Russian" is so weird for me, since I exclusively use the Cyrillic equivalent.
This week I made a goal to meet at least two new people every day because I think it is fascinating to meet all sorts of people who are on their mission who come from all walks of life and incredibly diverse backgrounds. It has been quite a bit of fun meetings all of the other Russian missionaries and learning about them. What is so cool about being in the MTC is that you can be friends with people you usually wouldn't associate with. For instance some of my best friends here are a film student, a future business man, the Oregon State long snapper, a weight lifter from Virgina, a Russian from Moscow, and many other people. I just like how even though we are so so different, we are all united in missionary work and a common desire to make people happier.
There has been a bit of excitement this week because the older districts are shipping out next week, which is pretty darn exciting for them. There has been a lot of weighing luggage and giving away free stuff. I'm excited to become the older district for when the new Russian elders come in a week. Unfortunately, that means some of my friends are leaving, including Elder Yefoshkin. I am really going to miss him, because he has really become one of my best friends. Once again, its cool that in the MTC I have been able to become such good friends with this Russian elder who I would never have met otherwise. Yefoshkin made me laugh the other day because he invited me to go running with him during gym time. Now, you have to understand that Russian's can be very stubborn people. They do not give up very easily. So we started running and I just assumed that he would let me know how long he wanted to go since he invited me. Well we just kept running because he thought I was going to set the distance. I felt bad because after about 3 and a half miles he finally gave up and admitted that I had beat him. I didn't even know we were racing! He just didn't want to give up and wasn't going to stop until I stopped! We both laughed about that for awhile and Yefoshkin was walking really really slow for the next day.
I really am sorry I don't have anything more to share. As always I am trying to work hard and learn all I can before I go to Russia. One exciting thing is that next Wednesday all the new mission presidents come into the MTC in order to get trained by the church leaders. So that means that we are definitely going to have some high level General Authorities on campus, maybe even a prophet! I am going to keep my eyes open.
As Always,
Elder Zach Brasier.
PS- I almost forgot to tell you about the Quest for the Pillow Room! Its going good, and we've narrowed down the possibilities to a few hallways. Our goal is in sight!
PSS- Thanks for your support of Elder Harris. The day before I wrote my e-mail his best friend almost died and then he had some personal problems that needed to be worked out. Everything is ok now though and he is as happy as can be!
No comments:
Post a Comment